“POWER IN PRAYER, POWER IN YEARS”
- We are all PEERS in God’s eyes, with value and purpose, despite age, ethnicity, gender differences.
- Senior adults have a valuable storehouse of wisdom and experience to share and have a vital role to play in the spiritual development and growth of the next generation.
- Senior adults have a desire to live vital, impacting lives, to grow spiritually and serve God and are called to help fulfill God’s purposes through prayer and intercession.
"Since my youth, O God, you have taught me, and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds. Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, O God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your might to all who are to come. Your righteousness reaches to the skies, O God, you who have done great things. Who, O God, is like you?"
To Ignite a Passion for Prayer, Ministry and Life through PEERS (Prayer, Equipping, Education, Relationships)
- Strong emphasis and involvement of prayer
- Training and equipping in prayer & intercession
- Creating opportunities for participation and ministry through various prayer models
- For service and ministry in community outreach, missions, serving those in need (i.e. shut-in, transportation), etc.
- Training of care giving teams
- Providing ongoing leadership training
- Providing information and education for spirit, soul, body, health, and finances, etc.
- Providing community resources information
- Creating activities and events which will promote strong relationships
- Connecting the generations through intergenerational activities and involvement
Support from the District Director
Through communication – newsletter, email and web information we receive support for the following from the District Director:
- Coordination of events
- Short-term missions
- Leadership development
- Section-wide seminars
- Networking leaders in clusters
How to Get Involved
- This district ministry and its director are supported by the prayers and financial contributions of individuals who choose to partner with the vision.
- Monthly financial support can be sent to the District Office with cheques made payable to The Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada. A note should be included designating the finances to be deposited in the Seniors Adult Ministries account.
Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.
VISION AND STRATEGY FOR 50+ MINISTRIES
Three essential focus points:
Think … beyond
Feel … strongly
Act … strategically
- Include and invite people from the community
- Advertise outside the church what is happening in the church
- Encourage church people to build relationships by getting involved in their community
- Invite informed people to speak on relevant issues
Scheduled events that are age-appropriate and culturally relevant:
- 50–65-year-old crowd
- Seniors – middle and elder
- People of various ethnicity
- Integrate people
Have a diversity of people in leadership to ensure variety and creativity:
- Provide relationship building activities
- Plan a variety of events based on interests, age, and skill
- Use means of communication such as newsletters, attractive signage and email
- Nurture people
Establish support ministries in the church
- Train teams who will provide care
- Be acquainted with community resources and refer when necessary
- Raise the profile of ministry to seniors
- Connect the generations
- Disciple people
Encourage mutual servanthood
- Ensure effective biblical instruction
- Emphasize empowering prayer
- Involve people
Release people to ministry
- Provide on-going leadership training
- Participate in missions
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
This district ministry and its director are supported by the prayers and financial contributions of individuals who choose to partner with the vision.
Monthly financial support can be sent to the District Office with cheques made payable to The Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada. A note should be included designating the finances to be deposited in the Legacy Builders Ministry account.