PLAN TO PROTECT® CERTIFICATION TRAINING
- March 30 - 31, 2017
- 9:00AM - 10:00AM
- Christian Life Assembly Langley
Registration Details are available here.
Are you struggling to implement Plan to Protect®, meet insurance standards, recruit and screen volunteers and staff, train volunteers and staff, write policies or motivate people? We can help! Become a Plan to Protect® Administrator/Leader and/or Plan to Protect® Trainer.
Administrator & Leader
Learn how to administer, implement and maintain a strong abuse prevention program.
Benefits of this course:
- A thorough knowledge of identifying risks to the vulnerable sector
- Implementation strategies for Plan to Protect®
- Skills to identify the different types and indicators of abuse
- Recruitment and screening strategies for volunteers and staff
- A policy template to assist your organization in establishing and updating policies for abuse prevention
- An easy-to-follow system for documentation management
- Networking opportunities with community leaders
“I found this training course very informative and would highly recommend all organizations to work with Plan to Protect® to implement the highest standards of care and protection for youth.” Susan McCormack (Scouts Canada, Ottawa, ON)
Train the Trainer
Become a Plan to Protect® Certified Trainer. Learn how to train others within your organization on abuse prevention.
Benefits of this course:
- Access to Training PowerPoints, Instructor and Student Notes, and tools for Orientation and Refresher training
- Receive motivational material to help your team advocate for victims of abuse
- Explore creative methods to assist with different learning styles
- Learn strategies to train members (adults and youth) of your organization in internal policies and procedures
- Get tips on how to handle the response and reporting of allegations and suspicions of abuse
- Opportunity to ask questions, and gain the information needed to answer questions during training sessions
- Receive certification to teach the Orientation and Refresher Training to your organization’s staff and volunteers
“Recertification is so valuable in bringing back to the forefront of your mind, the importance of Plan to Protect® and gaining new policy [info], methods and findings. Also [I enjoyed] learning from like-minded and passionate people.” (Andy Spencer, Guelph, ON)
“I think that the Admin Leader and the Train the Trainer courses should be taken together. I see the “whole” picture after taking both courses.” (Sara Myers, Unionville, ON)
$295* per course ($265* early bird).
Re-certification: $200 per course ($180 early bird)
*Member and License discounts apply. Payment required to secure registration. Early - bird expires 14 days prior to course. All prices subject to applicable taxes.
- To guarantee your place, register and pay at least one week prior to the course.
- Registrations for on-site courses received less than one week prior to the course will be accepted based on availability. Registrations for on-line courses, received less than one week prior to the course will be accepted based on availability and are subject to an EXTRA fee for expedited/overnight shipping of training materials (prices vary based on location).
- Registrations will not be accepted less than 2 days prior to the course.
- 7+ days before event = transfer with no fee to next available course (either local on-site or on-line), training materials must be returned at own expense
- Less than 7 days before event = transfer with $25 transfer fee to next available course (either local on-site or on-line), training materials must be returned at own expense
- Only one transfer allowed.
- 7+ days before event = 90% refund (10% administration fee is non-refundable)
- 4 to 7 days before event = 75% refund
- 24hrs to 4 days before event = 50% refund
- Less than 24hrs before event = no refund, transfer of registration, with $25 transfer fee, to next course available in your area.
- Training materials must be returned at own expense
- Cancellation after transferring from another course = 50% refund. Less than 24hrs notice given = 0% refund.
Available Files to Download
To download, right-click the file and select "Save link as".